Saturday, January 12, 2019

Mason jars

Seems to be my latest obsession, ever since I organized my spice cabinet with 4oz & 8oz jars.  Today I found amber jars for the coffee & teas because they keep out the light.  OMG, so much tea--how did that happen?  And I got 1/2 gal jars for bulk grains (oatmeal).  At least it's not an expensive obsession and I'll be getting rid of anything not in a jar because it's not something I cook with (might have come from Mom's house.).  Auntie's recent additions are more fresh.

FAIL:  No-bake cheesecake.  I mean it was edible, tasted like it was supposed to (cheese & lemony), but it was too fluffy and it never stiffened up like cheesecake.  I thought for sure that's why Auntie had all that powdered sugar--because there's a bit of cornstarch in powdered sugar.  Now I can't imagine what else she was using for all that powdered sugar.

OMG did I mention the 15 bags of regular sugar?  She entertained a lot but 15 bags of sugar!  Nobody needs that much sugar.  Anyway I donated it to food bank before Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment