While talking to my doctor I realized that my laziness with the housework, especially washing dishes, was a bad habit developed because of dialysis. Half the day sitting in the dialysis chair and playing games on my phone left me without energy after treatment and recovering the next day. Repeat the cycle 3 times/week. Pre-transplant, I spent that recovery day by running errands for a couple hours (my energy limit) then spending the rest of the time watching YouTube videos. I didn't even want to turn on the computer once a month to pay bills, I'd practically wait 'til the last possible hour. I thought I was doing well on dialysis until now I have post-transplant energy to compare to.
That said, I'm still working on the house. My problem is that I have no deadline to work against. I do tend to be most productive when I have a deadline. It's not that I cram at the last minute, but it gives me a goal.
I had a huge motivation to deep clean the refrigerator & freezer because my brother witnessed "advance science experiments" and a puddle of mush that was once cucumber or zucchini. Kudos to him for getting rid of the evidence. I got rid of all the expired food in the fridge and cupboards. I keep emergency food in a cupboard, stuff that have a long shelf life & can be eaten with minimal to no heat. OMG, that was long overdue. I hade food that expired between 2019 and 2022. Food from pre-COVID.
On dialysis, I had a lot of food restrictions and adjusted my diet accordingly. Now, post-transplant, I have different restrictions in order to not get the runs (which could degrade the new kidney) and not get infections of any kind. I'm on immunity suppression drugs so that my body doesn't reject the transplant, so a even little infection could blow up real quick if not addressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment