Sunday, September 13, 2026

This is normal energy?

I am just now realizing what a difference in energy level I have pre-transplant vs now.  I'm about 4 months post-op.  I have been tackling the housework and I can't believe how persistent I'm being with the hard water ring in the toilet bowl.  It's probably about 3-1/2 years since I stopped using the housekeeping service I hired when I started dialysis at home.  I needed things more consistently cleaner to do dialysis at home, especially in my bedroom and in the bathroom next to it. Not that I didn't clean the toilet, but I didn't put extra effort for the hard water stain and it accumulated. I had called the downstairs washroom done, but I keep coming back to that hard water ring.  Today I got more stuff to try again.  If nothing else, as long as I keep hitting it, the ring will eventually go away by sheer effort.

So before the heat wave, I bought a retractable screen for my front door.  It was delivered a week ago, and at the peak of the heat this week, I finally got off my butt.  Houses in my area do not have air conditioners.  The packaging said it could be installed in about 30 minutes.  Nope, I had to pace myself in the heat.  I had a few do-over's putting the frame together.  It took all day!  There's a couple minor "not perfect" spots but it works and I'm happy.  I've wanted this for over 10 years.  If I'd gotten it then, would have cost $100.  Now, I paid 2-1/2 times that.  Back then I only wanted it to replace the wonky screen door.  Now it got to the point where I needed it.

I've been wanting to clean my front & back yards of the big leaves that fall into my space.  They don't originate from my space.  There were times I wanted to sit down but it would have been more painful to go inside to get a rag to clean the outdoor chairs, LOL.  So I kept on going, past where I might have stopped before and/or sat down without wiping the chair.  Leaves are binned and ready for tomorrow's trash pick up.  Now I'm getting ideas on what more I want to do in the back yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment