I wasn't too sure a couple weeks ago when I stated a couple art goals in the Watermedia forum on Wetcanvas. Hey, it's not 2010 yet! I've refined my goals.
1) Yes, I do want to finish the oil painting of Surfer's point. I got stuck on the sand. Just going to move past it and put in the rest.
2) I still want to finish Mom's acrylic portrait on Mandalay Beach with sunset.
I had stated that I wanted to post art here at least once a week, but more specifically...
3) I want to use up my acrylic paints, they're over 3 years old now. I really want to use them up this year and just keep a limited palette of Golden Opens and a limited palette of regular acrylics TBD. I'm waiting to see the new W&N artist acrylics in a store...supposed to have no shift in color when dry. I don't want slow drying paints, that's why oil paints drive me crazy.
4) I still have my acrylics sketch self-challenge that I started about a year ago.
5) I want to do more visual journal style. I'm afraid though right now (lately) my feelings are angry at a particular person and I don't know how to communicate that visually. Verbally yes, but not visually. I'll use any and all media for this.
I'm going to participate in the Watermedia sketch thread when it gets rolling. All my goals except the first will fit into this, as all my media is water-soluble.
The difficulties I had in Maui has killed my urge to paint natural landscapes. I still want to do plein air but it'll be urban landscapes and interiors then.
Another Beach Day - With a storm off the coast the water at Smith Point Beach was really rough for a few days this week. It was after to dig in the sand or just watch the wate...
10 hours ago