Friday, March 12, 2010

My Travels - New Project

This is the first entry of my new project. I'm scanning my travel-related 35mm film to draw/paint them into My Travels sketchbook. The sketchbook has smooth, but thick, 12x15 inch pages which are bound to be able to lay flat for double-page spreads. It's great for colored pencil, but I hope to do more gouache, acrylic inks, and fluid acrylics on the pages and in more of a journal format.

The drawing is of my first camera, a Canon AE-1 Program, in colored pencil. I used it from 1985 until 2006 when I went all digital. I was waiting for just the right digital SLR. That lens (extended) is really long and heavy from back in the days when lenses were made with glass and metal, but oh, what a workhorse this combination was!

No comments:

Post a Comment