Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years resoulutions 2016

OMG, what a crazy 2015 I had taking care of Mom and Dad.  I had a plan early in the year, put in an offer on a house but then Mom lost her memory of the deal.  I didn't pursue it any further, just as well for all the problems that came up the rest of the year.

So I've gained a bunch of weight in the past couple years and I'm asking the doctor for advice.  She looks at my chart, "oh, you hit a speed bump called menopause.  We're doing everything, all that's left is diet & exercise."  Well, crap, even at my most fit time in life, I was working out 6 days a week and just maintaining weight.  So goal #1 is to get back to where I was 3 years ago.  It's still heavy but I was able to maintain that weight since I was 18.  That involves daily tai chi.

Goal #2 is to reduce more stuff in the house. Last year I did good with my room.  There's more I can do there, then the kitchen. Trivial things are going start disappearing quietly, blame it on memory.

Goal #3 is to get some art in every day, even if it's just a doodle.  Doesn't have to be shareable.

No comments:

Post a Comment