Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Flexible camera case

I wasn't satisfied with the purple camera case, so I solved a few problems:
  1. Mom kept finding another way to put the camera in that it wasn't meant to go, which meant she forced it.  I don't see damage to the camera or the case, but it hasn't been in use for very long.
  2. I didn't like how the camera rattled inside the case, it was a hard case.  Rattling means friction or impact, however minor.  At least you couldn't sit on it and damage the screen.
  3. Camera retention is less secure, but the point is to cushion the camera while it's bouncing around in a bag.  The damage to Mom's previous cameras were on the screens from bouncing around in her bag.  Anyway, I'm taking advantage of the flexibility of the material.  I have an opening on the end and rely on the plastic to spring back to its closed position on its own.
  4. I was wondering how I was going to use up a pound of flexible filament.  This material is better suited to covering electronics like cameras & phones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment