Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Eating Pi(s)

My timelapse camera has not been working well since I repackaged it into the Raspberry Pi case.  The picture has been washed out when I tried to use it outdoors.  I swapped cameras, it worked on another Pi.  I'm sure the camera connector has finally failed.  If it wasn't before, it is now.  So I tried to use the defective Pi Zero W (wifi doesn't work on it) and things were going well until I broke that camera connector, too!  Dammit.

The rest of the board is working so I looked around for a replacement part number, but I know in my heart that after buying the part, shipping, and getting my friend to solder it for me, it's going to cost more than a new board.  So that's what I did, I bought a new $5 Pi Zero without the "W".  Not going to throw away the two broken Zero's.  They still work and I already soldered the 40-pin header, so I'll be able to use them to play with I/O when I get around to it.  Meanwhile I've got them both working headless via USB.  Just waiting for delivery right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment