My timelapse camera has not been working well since I repackaged it into the Raspberry Pi case. The picture has been washed out when I tried to use it outdoors. I swapped cameras, it worked on another Pi. I'm sure the camera connector has finally failed. If it wasn't before, it is now. So I tried to use the defective Pi Zero W (wifi doesn't work on it) and things were going well until I broke that camera connector, too! Dammit.
The rest of the board is working so I looked around for a replacement part number, but I know in my heart that after buying the part, shipping, and getting my friend to solder it for me, it's going to cost more than a new board. So that's what I did, I bought a new $5 Pi Zero without the "W". Not going to throw away the two broken Zero's. They still work and I already soldered the 40-pin header, so I'll be able to use them to play with I/O when I get around to it. Meanwhile I've got them both working headless via USB. Just waiting for delivery right now...
Clouds Over Land's End Marina
-
I like sketching at the Land's End Marina in Sayville because the view
seems to go on forever. We have been having some wild clouds in the sky
lately so ...
18 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment