Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Then the shit liquified

My dad passed on Sunday.  I can't travel because of Mom.  The dementia is getting worse, partly because the days are shorter.  I started the caregiver service so that I might get 24 hour caregiving if I had to travel for this, but I have near zero confidence in these caregivers.  So I was going to get mom qualified to go to a respite/memory care place but when Auntie died, that process got put on the back burner.  They only need one signature on the death certificate, so my brother will go and bring his ashes back to Hawaii.  Then he'll get a US Navy burial at sea.  Dad was retired Navy and a Vietnam Vet.  He was 87, so he had good run.  He was the last of 13 siblings.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dad. Nice to have the Navy burial.
    Wishing you the best with your mom. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete