Thursday, March 28, 2024

My obsession with kitchen gadgets

So, I took today off.  I wasn't feeling well in the morning and when I called out my voice wasn't cooperating so I also sounded a bit froggy.  Felt better by noon, but heck, I had the day off.  Stayed in bed til noon and just took it easy today.  I think I just needed a slow day.

BTW, the fistula is coming along.  Maybe two more weeks and I can get the ol' chest access removed.  It'll be one year on April 6, and it's really not meant to be used for that long.

I recently fell into another rabbit hole, as I guess wabbitts tend to do.  I bought a bubble waffle maker.  I've never had real eggette before, but my head just couldn't let go.  When I updated/upgraded my 20+ year old toaster oven, I decluttered the kitchen.  I got rid of a coffee maker I didn't like and at the same time, along with some other gadgets I never used, I got rid of Mom's sandwich maker (real fun when I was a kid) which I regret this year.  Fortunately they're cheap, but still, I had an original one.  Alas, I'm not going to replace it.

Of the things I kept were a waffle sticks maker (because of the unique shape of the waffle sticks) and a Delonghi version of a panini press that I used to impress my auntie by grilling asparagus and scallops.  Printed on top of the grill is "Delonghi Alfredo 3-in-1 Healthy Grill."  I got it back in the day at the height of popularity of George Foreman grills (mid-90's?) because the grill plates were removeable for washing, whereas George Foreman grills were permanently attached.  I've been searching the internet to see if maybe I've misplaced grill plates but I can't find any information on my grill, not even a picture. Anyway, after experimenting with the bubble waffle maker, I pulled out the Grill to make panini's until I finish eating my first bubble waffle experiment with banana bread mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment