Monday, January 2, 2017

Last art of 2016

Oi, where did 2016 go?  My side job has fizzled after over 7 years.  I haven't had any side work for over 2 months, so I'm trying to figure out where my time went.  I did work over a weekend for my regular job in which I received comp time, which I used when I caught a cold.  Awesome - must be my fastest recovery ever.  I never liked coloring books when I was a kid.  Life is so much more fun when you don't stay to the lines.    But I was missing art, so I got a little one dollar 4in x 6in coloring book.

I had a cheap set of felt tip pens.  They didn't even last one page, I threw it away.  So I tried sharpies.  But sharpies bleed through and they smell, and I only have 12 colors.  I tried water soluble Neocolors.  The paper is thick, so it didn't warp with water, but it's hard to start & stop at the lines --- those damn lines!  I must break free.

 OMG, I've had prisma colored pencils for ages.  They were never any good to me for anything because I don't have the patience to burnish or blend with these things.   But OOO, they're great in adult coloring books.
 So that's what I've been up to.  Colored pencils in a coloring book. 
Other than that, my house is falling apart, so that's where my time and money have been going.  I had a leak in a fire sprinkler.  That happened on a Friday night, so I had to pay the weekend emergency price to fix it.  Luckily no water damage to the house.  Still got a hole in the ceiling to fix.  Then I couldn't turn on the heater when it got cold because the thermostat died a horrible death.  18 year old batteries corroded in the unit.  I didn't even know it ran on batteries.  So it got updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment