Sunday, March 31, 2019

Another cheescake fail

As Administrator of the Estate, I have to file my aunt's final taxes and then once more next year as the Estate.  The CPA needed last year's returns and supporting documents, so I made a run to the house.  While I was gong through the office (it's all very organized) I came across a folder with my aunt's recipe's. I found the recipe for her cheesecake.  It's actually Lemon Cheese Pie.

After many failed attempts to give it another shot, I was finally able to try again last night.  I was surprised the instructions just said to bake it, without reference to a water bath.  But now I know, it's a cheese pie, not a cheesecake.  Well, it was about 8:30p and I didn't want to turn on the oven so I attempted it in the Instant Pot.

Oopsie, I was pulling it out after the prescribed cooking time & depressurizing time.  I DROPPED IT!  Lucky, no mess on the counter, just inside the pot.  The filling was watery and dumped half into the bath water.  I poured it into a strainer & put that into a bowl.  I was tired, so I just put everything in the fridge to deal with in the morning.  Tastes a little too lemony, too much lemon rind, but otherwise as expected.  Texture of what was left over the graham cracker crust is good, the part that I strained into a bowl was a bit soft.  Okay, I'm going to try again today.  Going to the store for a pre-formed graham cracker crust.  I've got more lemons, about 8 more cream cheese blocks (from Auntie's fridge to my freezer).  Going to do it in the oven this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment