Thursday, May 30, 2019

So good!

Wow.  I really wish I had a bigger office.  My workspace is covered in papers for the past 6 months.  I've got 4 to 5 monitors and 2 to 3 computers at any time.  If it weren't for all the electronics I would love to start warming my food 20-30 minutes before lunch break.  The issue is the steam that the electric lunch box creates during cooking.  Steam & electronics don't mix.

I think it's the consistency I like over microwave warmed food.  Microwave is unevenly cooked, even though our ovens at work have a rotating disk.  Tonight I heated up French Onion Soup.  Trader Joe's sells these frozen blocks of soup in vacuum packed plastic bags.  Normally you'd put the soup ice cube into a bowl and microwave it until it's warm to your taste, about 10 minutes.  I put it in the ELB tonight.  By the time my fish & tots were done in the oven (20+ minutes) the soup was done at the same time.  Steaming hot, no over boiling, nothing popping or blowing up.

Earlier this week I warmed up the last of the country pork ribs (see a couple posts ago).  It did need that extra bit of moisture.  ELB made it so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment