I tried for two days to schedule a FaceTime or help for Mom with the phone. I left messages and put my errands on hold waiting for a call back. I have to wait near the home wifi because Sprint data is too sucky for FaceTime. Yesterday, I couldn't stand to waste the whole day so I finally went to the back yard and 30 min in, I missed the phone call. So pissed. I wrote a letter to Mom, drove over there to hand it over at the front door. There's a note on the envelope that someone should read it to her. I just found a pile of greeting cards, I'm going to drop one off every day on my way home from work. My boss is even more of a jerk that I can't talk to the nursing home when I'm in the office. She's basically been in a black hole since she left assisted living, which I'm still paying for, btw.
Re: the overgrown back yard. I've been trying to hire help ever since I had the dead tree removed. I'm just not the energizer bunny that I was 20 years ago. There was a young guy I cancelled on, he just wanted too much money to weed whack the tall grass. So I decided to tackle the project in small bites, the swiss cheese approach. My 20-year old electric weed whacker is not up to the task. So hiring the other guy, the one that looked like a homeless ex-convict who would have had to use my tools wouldn't have worked either. I've discovered a new use for the hedge trimmer - yeah it works on the tall grass. I'll take another bite next weekend.
Clouds Over Land's End Marina
-
I like sketching at the Land's End Marina in Sayville because the view
seems to go on forever. We have been having some wild clouds in the sky
lately so ...
18 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment