Sunday, June 14, 2020

Help is not coming

I tried for two days to schedule a FaceTime or help for Mom with the phone.  I left messages and put my errands on hold waiting for a call back.  I have to wait near the home wifi because Sprint data is too sucky for FaceTime.  Yesterday, I couldn't stand to waste the whole day so I finally went to the back yard and 30 min in, I missed the phone call.  So pissed.  I wrote a letter to Mom, drove over there to hand it over at the front door.  There's a note on the envelope that someone should read it to her.  I just found a pile of greeting cards, I'm going to drop one off every day on my way home from work.  My boss is even more of a jerk that I can't talk to the nursing home when I'm in the office.  She's basically been in a black hole since she left assisted living, which I'm still paying for, btw.

Re: the overgrown back yard.  I've been trying to hire help ever since I had the dead tree removed.  I'm just not the energizer bunny that I was 20 years ago.  There was a young guy I cancelled on, he just wanted too much money to weed whack the tall grass.  So I decided to tackle the project in small bites, the swiss cheese approach.  My 20-year old electric weed whacker is not up to the task.  So hiring the other guy, the one that looked like a homeless ex-convict who would have had to use my tools wouldn't have worked either.  I've discovered a new use for the hedge trimmer - yeah it works on the tall grass.  I'll take another bite next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment