Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Life is knocking me around

Had the hardest time scheduling Mom's memorial at her church.  The church office is run by a troop of monkeys, all named Maria.  I was persistent until I finally got what I wanted for her.  It worked out in the end, the small gathering of best friends and family were all there.  

But the Thursday before, I was just waiting at a stop light a mile from home when I was smashed from behind and pushed into the car in front of me.  Honestly, the impact knocked my glasses off, I really believe I rolled into the car in front because I was blind until I found my glasses.  I didn't want to deal with that driver's crappy insurance, so I'm going through State Farm.  They are so easy to work with, and only Auto Club (AAA) is slightly easier to deal with.  Unfortunately, I have to pay for the rental cars out of pocket which is going to run almost $2000 until I get my car back from the body shop.  Rentals are hard to get right now so you have to go up in size until you find availablility. My car was still drivable, but it was 100 miles to Mom's memorial and I wasn't comfortable driving it the distance until it was checked out.  It was nice to relax with family afterward, another 30 miles vs 100 to home.  LA freeways were horrible!

I think something's going around at work.  Started out the week thinking I was having allergies from being outside and sleeping with the fan on.  I think it's turning into a cold.  I'm hearing my coworkers also sniffling & coughing to clear their throats.

No comments:

Post a Comment