Thursday, February 3, 2022

Happy Chinese New Year

I've actually taken yesterday & today off to attend my cousin's wedding.  It would have been over a 3-hour drive home so I slept at her house last night and drove home this morning.  I was tired from the drive so I took a nap, thinking I'd be refreshed to use the rest of the day to tackle some probate stuff.  I slept a bit long in an awkward position, now I've got a kink in my neck.

Anyway, I haven't felt much like working since Jan 1.  I need time to work on probate.  The lawyer's office isn't as helpful as the one I had for my auntie's probate.  So I'm not motivated enough to push the pace after a long 8-1/2 hours at the office.  (Right, boo hoo for me, LOL -- it's sarcasm.)  OMG, my brother, 18 months younger than me retired from his job on Dec 31.  Yea, I'm jealous on top of not wanting to work.

I had told myself that if my boss (VP Engineering) retired, I would too.  But then he didn't come back after the holidays, and last week we got the news that he had passed.  He was a mentor and a gentleman.  He diverted alot of the company toxicity off of me.  Unfortunately, the other reason I'm still there is healthcare insurance.  I was planning to have cataract surgery this past Monday but I didn't pass my pre-op appointment so it's postponed to March.  Damn, now I have to hang on until April follow-up appointments are done.  My bro is so lucky to have a pension and 75% of his healthcare insurance covered.  That's why he can retire and I can't yet. 

I swear that is my last excuse.  By the way, by "retire" I mean I'll quit the company.  When I settle things in my house and with probate, I'll take on freelance work to keep busy and maybe pay the insurance premiums.



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year back to you. Hope this year goes as planned for you. Hope the operation is successful and you get to happily retire. :-)

    ReplyDelete