Saturday, April 9, 2022

The monkeys are coming off my back

I've been carrying them a while.  I mean, they're different monkeys than 3 years ago, but I'm down to little probate monkeys now (not to be confused with Proboscis monkeys.)

My brother visited in March.  I dodged a bullet while he was here.  Actually, it was another vacuum I dodged, LOL.  He was trying to clean a car with my old shop vac.  He was so frustrated with it, he was ready to buy me a new one.  Nooooo! Then he asked the right question, "Do you have another vacuum?"  Boy, howdy!

I got my taxes done, yay.  I know I pay too much for the service that I'm smart enough to do myself.  Can you believe I've never done my own taxes?  Auntie Accountant did it for family until her death.  It's late in the tax season but I finally got Mom's paperwork sent out to the CPA -- he might need more documentation but Mom's in no hurry, right?  Then I'll have to deal with Estate taxes, but that can wait at least until June, I think.

There's a few other probate monkeys but I'm not feeling so overwhelmed anymore.  However, things are heating up at work...and I really don't want to be there.

1 comment:

  1. Just the opposite for me, I’ve always done the taxes. For me the hard part is gathering the info. Happy to hear from you. Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete