Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sweet 3-day weekend

Getting alot of stuff done.  Getting alot of  self-care.  Unfortunately, I'm eating out too much.  I should cook something, eh?  Got the house cleaned yesterday, still need to get started on laundry.

I woke up with a back ache so I got a massage this afternoon.  That hit the spot.  Since I was near a beach, I went there for an hour.  It was very windy so the waves were higher than usual, was relaxing to watch.  We're in a heat wave, I thought it would be crowded, but this is a small local beach and it wasn't.  When you live this close to a beach like this, you don't need to make a day of it.  Now, why did I want to go to Santa Barbara to sit on the beach & get fish & chips? Wish I brought a sketchbook.  Then I got fish & chips a couple blocks away.  OMG, it was a pile of food.  I can make another 3 meals from the leftovers, even after throwing out the French fries.  I'm not supposed to eat potatoes, though I ate a few while it was hot & crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside.

Tomorrow doesn't seem like a day off, even though I don't have to go to work.  There are no days off from dialysis.

1 comment: