Saturday, July 15, 2023

Garage sale day

At least once a year, the HOA opens the gates & advertises community garage sale.  I have learned not to spend too much energy or overthinking about what to put out.  Today, I started an hour late.  I only put out a few items before things were being bought.  I was sold out in an hour, put out a few more things and gave up in another hour.  I put the rest into the car for donate.

Then I texted my friend about my success.  She recently visited California Mission San Juan Capistrano and sent me a picture.  Sweet! Add another reference for this goal of mine.  She always remembers my mom's souvenir of a pair of carved wood hand chairs from the Philippines, so I offered them to her.  She remembers Mom fondly and now has a keepsake to remember her by.  I have a miniature version up on my living room ledge.  

The chairs were stored near Auntie's stuff so I found more to donate.  OMG, I found another rice cooker still in the box.  I think that's #6.  Shhh, don't tell Bro I have more space in the garage, LOL.

This is when I put more out but these ended up for donate.

The little picnic park across the street.



1 comment: